Monday, May 24, 2010

Intimidation

I don't know if it is funny or sad... People tend to find me intimidating. I don't find myself intimidating... Why do they? So far, I have been told I'm intimidating due to my looks, being opinionated, standing up for my beliefs, having a brain, and managing my life as I do. I was once dubbed "Little Miss Hot to Trot" at a job because of these character traits. What gives? Why do people attempt to pull me down when I try and lift the world up? Mind you, I can be a stark, raving Bitch but if you meet that side of me, it is usually due to causing or attempting to cause harm to myself or the ones I love...

I walk around with this target painted on my back... I didn't put it there but I live with it. Rather than befriend the intimidating one, people tend to try and tear me down. Why? My heart is kind and my intentions are pure. I have been coined "spoiled and stuck-up" more times than I care to think about... If people only knew the truth. The things that people call "spoiled, stuck-up, and intimidating" are just the scars... I have spent everyday of my life in one battle or another... The thing about scars is they create a think lining not easily penetrated but underneath the scars tends to be painful...

So in the future, before you judge me, get to know me. Be kind to me and I will be kind to you in return. Talk to me. I am very open to feedback. If I offend you, which i frequently do, let me know. We may not agree but we can agree to disagree...

No comments:

Post a Comment